Crash/Error on Startup with FileNotFoundException related to Windows Defender detection (false-positive)
Posted by Damian Clark, Last modified by Damian Clark on 21 October 2019 12:32 AM
Error: Crash/error on startup of any Active Sky product (FileNotFoundException referencing _nLoad)
1) Please ensure your Windows is up to date with all the latest updates
2) Ensure that Windows Defender has been updated with latest virus definitions
3) Uninstall Active Sky, remove any "quarantined" items from Windows Defender
4) Reinstall Active Sky
These steps will usually allow Active Sky to run properly without further issues.
1) In Windows Defender, either allow the detected threat or exclude the found item. See this link for details: https://www.thewindowsclub.com/manage-quarantined-exclusions-windows-defender-security-center
2) It is recommended to submit the detected threat to Microsoft to have them analyze and whitelist/clear this software accordingly to prevent this from happening in the future. You can submit threats for analysis here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/wdsi/filesubmission
If you are unable to obtain resolution with the above steps, please open a new ticket with details and we will assist directly.